Skip to content

Mold Removal San Bernardino, California

mold removal San bernardino CA

Remove Black Mold By Getting Rid Of The Source 

If you have ever seen black mold in your home or in your surrounding area, you may have also been exposed to toxic mold symptoms. Toxic mold can cause severe health problems, including memory loss, coughing, wheezing, and memory loss, among other symptoms. Even if you are not suffering from one of these symptoms, exposure to toxic mold may be enough to make you seriously ill. Some types of toxic mold can even be fatal. Do not try to attempt to remove this yourself too. Mold removal San Bernardino, CA requires professional help, so it is important to call a mold removal company that can help you eliminate and reduce the risk of the mold getting worse in your home. Here are some of the main types of toxic mold that you need to be aware of:

NEW Free Quote - Red

    Stachybotrys Chartarum or Black Mold

    Stachybotrys chartarum or black mold, also called toxic or mycotoxin mold, is a type of molds that produces its reproductive cells in slime form. It is often found in drywall, grains, and soil, but it is most often found in damp or moist building materials in older buildings from water-or moisture-damaged structures. People can become infected by coming in contact with the sludge secreted by the reproductive cells of this type of mold. The spores from these spores can adhere to your skin and become embedded in your hair and clothing. For this reason, people who work in humid areas are particularly susceptible to contracting mycotoxin mold.

    If you do need to remove black mold, you should be sure to wear a respirator and rubber gloves. These are especially important during the initial clean up phase when the mold may still be growing. As long as you protect yourself from the sun, you should be able to keep yourself safe from the hazardous effects of black mold. After the cleanup phase, you will want to use ozone to kill any remaining mold spores. Ozone is very effective at removing black mold and has no lasting adverse effects on humans or pets.

     

    What are the hazardous effects of mold? 

    Mold symptoms and illnesses can vary depending on the type of mold that is present and how it has gotten in your home. While the majority of molds are harmless, there are some that produce toxins that can cause a variety of health problems for humans and pets. Below are a few of the more common types of molds that can be found in your home:

    Allergic reactions are among the most common mold exposure symptoms experienced by humans. Allergic reactions happen when airborne spores are ingested into the body and cause a reaction such as coughing, nausea, runny nose, and other signs of allergy. If you suspect you have been exposed to mold or have other mold symptoms after being in close proximity to one, you should contact your doctor immediately to obtain proper medical treatment. Common mold exposure symptoms include runny nose, sneezing, itching, rashes, hives, and more.

     

    Mycotoxins

    The most dangerous type of mold growth is mycotoxins. These are dangerous because mycotoxins are toxic. They may also trigger allergies, cause cancer, and even death in extreme cases. If you suspect you have been exposed to mold or other mycotoxin, you should contact your doctor or emergency medical service right away. In the case of severe mycotoxin poisoning, hospitalization may be required in order for treatment to be administered.

     

    How to remove Black Mold? 

    The easiest way to remove black mold is to simply make sure it isn't there in the first place. There are a number of ways people can do this. First, it is important to never allow drywall or caulking to come into direct contact with the interior surfaces of the house. If these surface contacts are ignored, the moisture from the interior can eventually seep into the drywall or the coating, causing the mildew or the molds to begin growing again. If a problem does occur, however, and it is discovered that the drywall or caulking was contaminated with mold spores, a professional cleaning service will be able to remove it from the wall for you.

    Finally, you can also check your basement for water leaks,waterproof concrete Near me and excess moisture by installing a subfloor ventilation system (SMUS) or by installing a vapor barrier under the floor. If you find any areas of excess moisture or dampness (damp walls or floors), you should immediately take the necessary steps to remove and repair any water loss from the affected area. As a homeowner, mold removal is something you can do on your own if you have the proper equipment, or you can hire a professional company who will perform the mold inspection and remediation for a fee. Either way, mold remediation can prevent a lot of damage to your home.